- UK only model, limited production run, with each car numbered. Unique colour and specification combination
- Inspired by the latest MINI Challenge racing car, with key technical features developed in partnership with the same suppliers involved with the race car
- Adjustable suspension, high-grip Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres, lightweight alloy wheels, limited slip differential, upgraded braking power, Genuine MINI JCW Pro Accessories
- Based on the potent MINI John Cooper Works, featuring 231hp and a 153mph top speed
- Premiere at Goodwood Festival of Speed, priced at £32,000 OTR
The MINI Challenge:
The MINI Challenge has provided the best MINI racing in the UK since 2002, and is part of a family of racing championships run across Europe. For 2016, the UK MINI Challenge is split into three classes, offering incredibly close racing to drivers on a wide spread of budgets.
The top class features the current John Cooper Works racing car, best described as a ‘MINI-touring car’. With up to 255bhp and a six-speed sequential gearbox, these are the ultimate racing MINI models.
The Cooper S class is for previous generation (2006-2014) 1.6-litre Turbo cars built to Challenge specification, while the entry-level Cooper Class features normally aspirated first generation MINI models (2001-2006) and is ideal for those starting out in circuit racing. An Open Class has also been inaugurated for MINIs outside of these three classes.
The MINI Challenge is fought out over eight rounds including a meeting on the picturesque Brands Hatch Grand Prix track.
The new MINI Cooper John Cooper Works Challenge takes track-driving performance to a new level, while also offering a thrilling on-road driving experience that doesn’t sacrifice everyday comforts and refinement.
Based on the ultimate performance MINI, the latest John Cooper Works Hatch, the Challenge takes more than just inspiration from the current Challenge-specification racing car.
The small, passionate development team, based at MINI Plant Oxford in the UK, worked in partnership with key suppliers on the racing car to deliver the best solutions for a genuinely credible trackday machine. With its super-sticky Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres, adjustable suspension and limited slip differential, the MINI John Cooper Works Challenge takes bespoke track performance to levels never before seen in the small hot hatch class.
Limited to a maximum of 100 units, the exclusive MINI John Cooper Works Challenge features a unique colour combination and graphics, Genuine MINI JCW Pro Accessories, and is available in one fixed specification only.