Lewis Hamilton secured the team’s eleventh podium of the season, driving a brilliant race after starting from the pit-lane and finishing third just ahead of teammate Nico Rosberg in fourth position.
– After a downpour of rain in the final hour before the race, all teams were forced to start on the intermediate tyres
– Lewis ran a two-stop strategy, pitting on laps 8 and 39, running inters/option/prime
– Nico ran to a three-stop strategy, pitting on laps 9, 32 and 56, running inters/option/option/option
– The team has now finished on the podium in every race in 2014 so far and today secured 27 more points in the constructors’ championship
– The team now heads into the summer break with a 174 point lead in the championship with 8 races remaining
Weather – Wet start, dry and mild later in the race
Temperatures – Air: 22.0 – 24.6°C, Track: 27.2 – 35.5°C